Monday, April 13, 2009

Fort Street... That's My World Tuesday...

This afternoon I decided to go to my local office supply shop and get a printer cartridge (exciting, eh?). I took my camera and decided to snap a few shots of some buildings on Fort Street since it's between my place and where I was going. One stone. Two birds.

Fort Street is also called Antique Row but no self-respecting local would call it that. That name is for the tourist trade but it does reflect that the street contains a lot of antique shops. This is one of many.




The black roofed building is Sen Zushi, a favourite Japanese restaurant.




Some women like shoes, I like tubes of paint and sniffing felt-tip pens and this is a dangerous shop. ;-)




I've always liked these two buildings. They're so different from one another but are good friends. In fact, I think they're cuddling.




I think the main charm, for me, about Fort Street is that the older and newer buildings just seem to mingle quite easily. Well I think that they do.



For more 'That's My World Tuesdays' - click the pic:

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking me down your street

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the 4th pic with the same reason as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots, this street is quite beautiful. Thanks for sharing your world with us.
    Mary ElizabethBlog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this street with all it's different architecture and stores and I too like the cuddling Castle and Hacienda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooooooooooh I love stationery shops too! Love stationery of any kind which is great as i design wedding stationery. In our porch is a big parcel...new envelopes. They will smell awesome! Tissue lined how wonderful is that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Forte Street for all it's wonderful neighbourhood stores, antique and otherwise. There is nothing better than walking down a street and window shopping....malls just don't do it. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely part of your world.
    Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comments, sorry but my english is very poor. I understand your blog, and think is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think i would stop by and have sushi and then on to the stationary store and load up on all sorts of things...i just crave fountain pens and felt tips too :)
    have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I need to visit Fort Street. It is charming and quaint, and I'd hang out in the same store you like!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agree, unlike Dundee the buildings do compliment each other, there's a sort of easiness about the street. I'd quite happily join you sniffing pens there..... do you stretch to a crisp poke with a dad o glue?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know that I'm off googling now, don't you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol... you might struggle with that one!
    Can't wait to hear your results.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The street does have an interesting combination of architecture. Thanks for the great photo tour.
    I'd go for art supplies over shoes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vancouver is so pretty.I, too, have a thing for pens, pencils and notebooks to the point of orgasm.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omgish, how cute is your town? I'm so into looking at notebooks, stationsary all those pretty things.
    And the architecture is really cool.

    What a neat area you live in.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your neighborhood! It is indeed charming and yes, the old and new seem to mingle quite well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm with you, a diversity of styles make a much more interesting streetscape.

    ReplyDelete