I also do a 'OMFG I'm starving' version using the old earthquake preparedness stash of Itchybum noodles and as minimal cooking work as possible. Here it is:
Not too bad considering how quick it is. My fancy version is much nicer but some days, like today, I needed the 'OMFG I'm starving' version.
You too can eat it:
- Stove on - high.
- Water into the pot - about 2-3 cups.
- Chop some onion - throw it in the water.
- Same with a carrot and a clove of garlic.
- Add the MSG-laden stock powder that comes with the Ichiban noodles.
- Dice up some tofu, chuck it in.
- This should be boiling pretty good by now.
- ...meanwhile, drizzle a spoonful of sesame oil in your bowl.
- Break up the noodles a bit while still in the package and toss 'em in.
- And then the frozen peas.
- Let it all go for about three mins.
- Spoon some hot chili sauce into the mix.
- Off goes the stove and pour the lot into your bowl. Yum.
And today I remembered a little feature on my cheapo point and shoot... so I made a gritty documentary.