Thursday, August 27, 2009

Skywatch Friday... hazy and lazy

To some, this sky may seem dull but for me, it's wonderful. We've had near constant blue skies for a couple of months now and as much as I like a nice sunny day, it gets rather samey-samey if that's all you get. It's great to see some clouds, some variety.




Yesterday, I spent a couple of hours down at Ross Bay (in Victoria, BC), a favourite place of mine. Ross Bay is lined with a stoney beach, a wide sidewalk and a highly stimulating bumpy road. ;-) Ross Bay Cemetery is just beyond all the greenery.




I stuck to one end of Ross Bay, I sat my ass down on these rocks and chilled out.




I love sitting right here. It's a large rock in the middle of a channel and, even with my hearing loss, the sounds of the waves flowing in, out and around is hypnotic.




Just some different textures on this beach; driftwood, stones, kelp and a jellyfish that missed the tide going out.




All very relaxing...



To see more skies from around the globe, click the pic.

17 comments:

  1. Nice shots.... we only dream of constant blue skies.
    My Skywatch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. The first one especially looks so serene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous shots!! And,yes, we most frequently only dream of endless blue skies! We're enjoying some today, don't know for how long though!

    Have a great day!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shots and a lovely looking beach. Nice place for a picnic!

    Your bottom shot is the best of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't the beach wonderful Marnie? Nice series of photos. Have a great weekend.
    Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. was that the blubous thing with the fronds Neil?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's very hard for me to imagine getting fed up with blue skies but I suppose it is possible (just not in Scotland).

    Clouds can be very interesting, I prefer the ones which don't bring the rain, but, as we all know, variety is the spice of life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Continuous blue skies? How does that work? It doesn't happen here, but i know what you mean,clouds can be stunning. I notice Neil is admiring your bottom shot again. I like the 4th one best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I give up...where's the shot of your bottom?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I understand about wanting and liking a change in the sky. I just haven't reached that point yet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could park my butt on a rock and listen to the sounds of the water while watching the world go by for many hours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should be so lucky! I will tell the clouds threatening to rain all over my parade today to head your way, where they'll get a better welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aye, watch what you wish for, Ms TB. I once got fed up o the constant blueness in India, moaned and wished for clouds. Next day it started raing like it only can in India for 7 straight days and nights. Nae fun ataw, just muddy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mog - do you mean the bulbous thing in my bottom photo? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, so satisfying beaing near the sea and hearing the waves roar.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Grey skies are relaxing. There is not much to see or photograph, which is a good thing for a change. Hazy and lazy...why I have never used those two together?

    ReplyDelete