Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'm a Hateful Slut-Bitch :-)

Hey! I've received my first piece of hate mail! And some charming new comments on a very old thread.

Remember me bitching about the Town of Tisdale's 'Land of Rape and Honey'?

Well someone doesn't like it and is letting me know.

I don't mind when people disagree with me, attack my argument, bitch back at me, call me a bitch, call me a slut... These things do not bother me. I'm an opinionated person and enjoy debate even when ad hominems fly. But one comment, on an unrelated recent post, was beyond the pale and I deleted that. However, I have published all of the other comments relating to the Tisdale post.

I have also decided to publish the contents of the email. I think an email that ends with 'go fuck yourself' does not deserve my usual respect for the other's privacy. The boldy bits are my words from my original post.

The email:

Offical Reply,

I just finished reading you blog and it shocks me how you think you can say these things about us strickly from the slogan that is on our sign. You think you can be offended becuase you came across a sign that reflected the resources of a town? Well number1 you dont live here and number2 we are proud of our acheivements and for Brent Butt, i dont think you should be posting public bashings on his name with our slogan.

"It's just another typically backasswards small rural Canadian town. A town that on the surface is full of friendly happy shiny people but contains an underbelly of red necked sexist machismo (and various other yuckiness, no doubt)."

this is disgusting and fuck you for saying shit like this, i can assure you that many of us have seen your blog and all feel as outraged as the anonymous comments that are being sent to you. If you think for one second that we are 'underbelly red neck sexists' than you are very wrong.

"Whichever way, this highlights another thing that pisses me off about Canada. Many Canadians will bleat on about how friendly, peace-lovin, tolerant, egalitarian Canada is yet behave in the exact opposite manner, turn a blind eye to anything that doesn't conform to their sugar-coated stereotypes or just be so incredibly ignorant of the world beyond their front porches."

OH yes, we are all ignorant when we are off our front porches because we nolonger have access to our shot guns right? because we all like to chew on peices of grass and play banjo's all day long, you think we sugarcoat stereotypes? well yes it is true we give the respect to everyone that deserves it, except for those ignorant bitches in America!

p.s.
Go fuck yourself you Canadian Hating Bitch



5 comments:

  1. Wow! They told you, huh? But only by confirming everything you just said.

    Am a bit gobsmacked actually by the vitriol but stupid is as stupid does, or something like that!! "Rape Your Honey" ? Oh, Hilarious, How we laughed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't you find it odd that when someone post a negative comment and calls names they are always anonymous?

    I had that happen to me. I deleted my post. Mine was about a "friend" and someone said I could be sued...but in the mean time I was trashed verbally for my post.

    Your post seems ok... Not too rude...simply a statement of opinion...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did the council/mayor ever reply to your letter?
    Well,this email just confirms what you thought, only it there seem to be more ignorant rednecks in the town than you first thought.

    Hey ho

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhm, as Bruce Willis said:
    "Everyone just needs to calm the f*ck down."

    When I saw the photo in question, I immediately thought rapeseed. I didn't immediately think:"Wow, this whole town, THIS WHOLE PROVINCE is so redneck because of this sign that has the word RAPE on it."

    Personally, I think your reaction to the sign and your assumptions about the people who live there wasn't very informed or enlightened.

    However, the response above was equally over the top as well.

    Personally, if I was from Tisdale (I'm not), I simply wouldn't dignify your accusations with a response... hence, the reason I doubt you'll hear from Tisdale officially. They will probably think you're joking, as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't put words in my mouth Mike. I did not think or say what you've claimed that I've said.

    I'm satisfied with my opinion. It is well reasoned, informed and critical.

    ReplyDelete