Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Stretchy, comby hairband thingy?


I've been trying to find a specific hair accessory (I don't think I've ever use that phrase before!).

It's a headband but it's also like a comb. It's like a round comb with all the fingers pointing into the centre... and it's stretchy like an accordion... and you wear it like a headband... and it's great for keeping your hair off your face when you're working out.

They were a bit of a fad in the early nineties (I think?) around the same time as the 'banana comb' trend. Actually, what I'm trying to find is sort of like a banana comb...

... but instead of looking like a big vagina is biting the back of your head, it's position on your head is like a headband and it's stretchy, not ridged like a banana comb.

Am I making any sense? I can't seem to describe it, so I've not had any luck finding a pic of one online or what it's actually called to find someone who might sell them. I've looked everywhere locally and have come up empty-handed.

The last time I saw them was in the Co-op where I lived in England. I bought oodles of them then but they've all gone to 'stretchy, comby hairband thingy' heaven. And like the dork that I am, I forgot to look in a Co-op for more when I was in Scotland.

Does anyone have a clue about what I'm looking for? If anyone can find me a stash of these things I will reward generously!


  1. I forget what they are called but I think they sell them in Boots. I shall have a look today when I'm wandering past.

    " a big vagina is biting the back of your head..." made me laugh. :-)

  2. I know what you mean. Walmart is the place to find them I think.

  3. Thanks you two! I never even thought of walmart... duh is me.

  4. I like the description of "a big vagina is biting the back of your head" that I use daily to keep my mess in order!!!
    Happy Canada Day Marnie!